During the event, we will collect and showcase all the hackday-projects in one place on https://hack.twist2018.ch/. There you can already find an overview over the challenges and hackday-project proposals.
However, as participants are free to pursue their own interests and propose projects themselfes, here is a list of potential datasources:
Linked Open Statistical Data (LOSD)
- Brand New! RPK-API, City of Zurich. REST-API for live-requests to the RPK‘s Webtool, containing detailed data about budgets and annual financial statements since 2012.
- Municipal Finances Portrait Open Data, Canton of Zurich
- Members of the cantonal parliament since 1910, Canton of Zurich
- Historical Archive of Popular Votes in the Canton of Zurich
- Split votes in the Election to the National council for the Canton of Zurich
Spatial raster data on population and employement, Canton of Zurich
Spatially disaggregated data on real-estate transactions, Canton of Zurich
- Swiss building addresses, published via the Federal Geoportal. CC-BY-like license. Also accessible via GeoAdmin API.
Wikidata : the free and open knowledge base
If you’re going for the linked open data challenge, there is hardly a way around wikidata!
Punctuality Data (Public transportation)
- SBB: Target-actual comparison of departure and arrival times at SBB (previous day)
- VBZ: Travel times of the VBZ in target-actual comparison
Passenger Data (Public transportation)
- SBB: Passenger frequency
VBZ: Passenger countings, City of Zurich.
VBZ: Data of the counting system in selected vehicles: T_Messfahrten.zip. Not Open Data. For TWIST2018 only.
VBZ: Wifi – Registrations from selected stations : WLAN_Daten_TWIST.zip. Not Open Data. For TWIST2018 only.
SBB: Passenger countings from the stairs and ramps at Hardbrücke. Each ascent is documented on how many people went up and down during 4 days. Not Open Data. For TWIST only. Further datasets for the platform surely are helpful:
Movements of persons on the platform (objectstream.csv) are also documented and available to work with at TWIST. In this dataset, the location of each person on the platform is recorded every second (attention, the dataset is more than 1GB in size. The zip-File ~200 MB). Not Open Data. For TWIST only.
Landing Pages for Public transportation
- Open Data Platform Swiss Public Transport: Open Data Catalog
- SBB: Open Data Catalog
- VBZ: Open Data Catalog, City of Zurich.
Flights from / to Zurich Airport, Data & metadata on github, Not Open Data.
Bicycle- and Pedestriancounts
- Bicycle and pedestrian count data, City of Zurich.
- Positions of measuring stations for bicycles and pedestrians, City of Zurich.
- Brand New: Bicyle counts from the Cities of Basel, St. Gallen, Lucerne and Berne . Not Open Data yet.
- Brand New: Weather data on hourly basis for selected Cities in Switzerland, 2017. Not Open Data yet.
- Brand New: Weather data on daily basis for selected Cities in Switzerland, 2017. Not Open Data yet.
Open Data sources with reference to Switzerland (A-Z)
Canton of Basel-Stadt - Canton of Geneva - Canton of Graubünden - Canton of Thurgau - Canton of Zug - Canton of Zurich - City of Berne - City of Zurich - Open Data Platform Swiss Public Transport - Open Food Data Packages School of Data Working Group - OpenGLAM CH Working Group - SRG SSR - Swisscom - Swiss Federal Geoportal - Swiss Post